Re: Torinoko Gampi and Washing Question Pt/Pd.

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/02/02-01:46:40 AM Z

HI Halvor,

I also use this sort of japanese paper and I could suggest you to try the
paper sold in roll for the making of the paper door (I forget the name ,
perhaps fusama) . This paper is sold in roll of 12 meter and 0.9m large. An
d work nicely with platinum process.
The big thing with these paper is the coating and the drying . you should
make a nice caot and avoid some brush or rod mark. And it is better to give
it a firts good drying before humidification so it will keep flat ( I often
coat for the next day).
The clearing step could be less longer as the paper tend to clear from the
both face, and it is thinner. But I use a 15min clrearing time and 30 min
washing time. To avoid to breack my print I first put a sheet of glass in
my tray , I fix the print to one of the border so between each change of
water bath I take out the sheet of glass with the pritn flat on it , put the
new bath and put the print again. To agitate the tray I first put a little
weight on the other side of the print , and rock the tray.

All these help to keep the print from damage.

>From: Halvor <halvorb@mac.com>
>If I can keep the "wet" time under 30 min I avoid most of these problems !
>It clears fine in EDTA in about 10 min.
>better for a weak sized paper ?
>Comments ? (I mean please help)
>Or is this just wishfull thinking :)