Re: Torinoko Gampi and Washing Question Pt/Pd.

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/02/02-08:26:02 AM Z

<have you ever exhibited in Tokyo - think I saw something done on very thin
paper in the
>PGI gallery here a few months ago ? Collective exhibition of Pt prints.

No I don't but if you know any place to exhibit I will be pleased to take
contact with them. I really appreciate japanese way of life.

>Does it exist any methode for checking the washing quality, like silver
>papers can be checked for leftover hypo, or should I spend a term on
>working
>out something like that ?

a simple method is to mask the print before exposure - expose - clear - and
to read the density of the mask part after drying. you could also put the
print agin under the uv to see if any ferric salt react.

A methd could be think by using some ferrycyanide to make it react with the
uncleared ferric salt. In this case you couls use platinum print toner , if
any mask part get blue it means that there is still some ferric salt.

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

Next exhibition at Atelier Ph7 - Brussel
October -November 2002

Affichez, modifiez et partagez gratuitement vos photos en ligne: