RE: Powerful UV point source

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/14/02-11:05:20 PM Z

I find it difficult to believe that a sealed metal halide bulb could produce
ozone. True, a strong UV source could produce ozone but no more than any UV
source of equal intensity. Judy is correct. A carbon arc, which is open,
could be a significant source of ozone. I think the confusion might be in
the use of the word "arc." An open arc will produce ozone but a sealed arc
is a different matter.

Bob Schramm

>From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: RE: Powerful UV point source
>Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 19:44:26 -0400 (EDT)
>

>On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Sandy King wrote:
>

> > So metal halide bulbs create ozone?
>
>This is the first time I've heard that mentioned. Any further
>confirmation out there? (You don't mean carbon arc, do you ???)
>
> > I wonder if this makes them more
> > environmentally friendly for Judy?
>
>Meanwhile, did you miss my sarcasm?
>
>J.