RE: Powerful UV point source

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/15/02-08:00:30 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>> I wonder if this makes them more
>> environmentally friendly for Judy?
>
>Meanwhile, did you miss my sarcasm?
>
>J.

Frankly it would have been hard to miss the sarcasm. It was more on
the order of a 16 wheeler than a Honda Civic!

However, the report that MH bulbs create ozone got me thinking about
how positive an experience it could be to make long exposures with
the MH bulb. The use of all that energy would provide important
support to our local power production utilities, would heat up our
working space in the winter (this has to be an important
consideration for people who live in New York and other places close
to the north pole), in the summer allow us to muffle undesirable
sounds (moaning lovers, barking dogs, etc.) with our air conditioners
(though we must under any circumstances use the air conditioner in
South Carolina in July and August), while at the same time we would
be engaged in an important planetary renewal activity, ie.
replenishment of the ozone layer. Reason enough for everyone to
discard the puny, low wattage bank of BL tubes in my opinion.

Sandy