Re: HP5+ and LONG development times

From: Breukel, C (HKG) (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 07/17/02-07:08:16 AM Z

Clay Harmon wrote:

> I use HP-5 with pyrocat-HD all the time in my big cameras and it works fine
> with a density range of about 1.3-1.4. The stain actually makes the
> effective density range more like 1.8-1.9. Pyrocat times for the density
> range you're looking for would be about 11-13 minutes at 75 degrees. Check
> out the Sandy King article at www.unblinkingeye.com for all the info. It
> also is one of the cheapest developers around, and is pretty easy to mix.

..Clay,

I seem to recall that this developer isn't very stable (the mixed stocks
I mean).
Is this also your experience? And if the Pyrocat stock goes "bad",
you'll notice it by it's colour change?

PMK Pyro is reported to be very stable (stocks), so that is an advantage
for a low volume shooter like me.

Best,

Cor