Re: developing E-6 Ektachrome

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 07/19/02-07:54:23 PM Z

Re: developing E-6 EktachromeHi Sandy,
      The Unicolor Rapid E-6 is still available... PhotoSystems is now the name I believe... I have used it in the past have had excellent results. It is quite easy to use, especially in a automatic Jobo system...
        Rapid E-6 is a 3 part system .You can even reclaim some the used chemical and really get some mileage out of it. I just normaly use it as one shot as life seems to be getting so complicated .....

     The unmixed unopened chemical is obviously very forgiving as far as time goes as these kits are now five years out of date and have not discolored and is supposedly still good according to Unicolor ( or PhotoSystems )... According to the sales /technician if the key ingredient has discolored , it is bad and you can replace only that for $25 .

        If you randomly use it you may want to float a little nitrogen on the top of the opened containers....
       You can order it direct and they may give discounts if it is for teaching purposes....( I believe they work on 40% to dealers)
http://www.photosys.com/unicolor.html

 As suggested I am probably just going to give it a try and will post the results...

John Cremati