Re: densitometer

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 07/19/02-08:30:29 PM Z

 All densitometers are not created equal..
      I have a Macbeth TD903 which is a transmission densitometer for
negative use .. I wish I had known a little more when I had purchased it
years ago and held out for one that had the reflective attachment as well.
With this attachment I could take final density readings on a finished
prints...... I only paid $200 for it so I guess I should be thankful as new
they were going for around $4000 at the time.....
         Some of the advantages mine has is a computer interface so you can
plot your readings automatically . This model was built for"
photographic " color or black and white film It will do 3 colors along
with the black and white... I would research any model to make sure it
will do what you want . Some densitometers are designed specifically for
graphic arts film only....
      I wonder what is going to happen to these companies that manufacture
these... I suppose it would be a good idea to stock up on replacement bulbs
at least...