Re: densitometer

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 07/20/02-12:00:09 PM Z

John Cremati writes:
> All densitometers are not created equal..

I finally bought one on eBay, an older X-Rite 310. Transmission-only, but
that's all I need at this time. It looks to be in good shape, and it came
with calibration guide, extra apertures, and manual, but I suspect it has
some problems (apart from being in the hands of an inexperienced user).

I did download the pdf manual for the newer model, and that's far more
helpful than the vintage one included with the machine.

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has used one of these with any
regularity, and can answer some simple questions, like what should be
expected when it boots up, etc.

Thanks, Eric