Re: Clerc's no. 687

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07/23/02-06:21:01 PM Z

At 12:57 PM 07/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>(I just love the internet...no sooner asked than given)
>Philippe,
> This is what Clerc says under #832, Dye toning: "The mordanting can be
>carried out by the formation of silver iodide and cuprous iodide using the
>intensifying bath described in #687, due to G. Zelger, 1924." Does this
>help?
> Thank you so much for looking into this.
>Chris

  The intensifier is described in the first and second English editions in
paragraph No. 455.
  I am also now embarrassed to say that the lack of citations, for which I
castigated Focal Press in my previous post, is in the original editions!
Evidently Clerc thought they would be of little use. Focal couldn't give
the citations because Clerc never gave them.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com