RE: Quickee Cyanotype Question

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/30/02-12:01:50 PM Z

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Kris Erickson wrote:
> cyanotype is always a little sticky once you get it into a hot contact
> frame--no way around it, & no matter how dry it was to begin. Just try to
> minimize the pooling, and unless it's not extremely flat in the frame, you
> shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Reading these lines, I figured this fellow has got to be in England... but
it seems not. In any event, for the record, in NYC neither I nor literally
hundreds of space-cadet undergraduate students I've run through the medium
have found cyanotype "sticky."

I knew Mike Ware found that in England, but this is the first I've heard
of it elsewhere.

PS. Do you use a fan in the drying room?

J.