RE: Quickee Cyanotype Question

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/31/02-01:06:06 AM Z

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Kris Erickson wrote:

> Uhh... drying room? I tend to coat at midnight and put lay the paper all
> over my floor to dry until morning(except in the places where I expect to
> step before I realize that, in a half-awake state, I coated cyanotype the
> night before). The fan helps me sleep.
> ;-)

The drying room is a 3 foot-wide space behind a supply cabinet with a bar
overhead with a lightproof black cloth hanging from it, and 5 shelves made
from fiberglass screens supported on 10-penny nails hammered into the wall
to the left and the back of cabinet at the right.

It's not totally dark, wouldn't do for silver gelatin, but for alt
materials is quite dark enough and EXTREMELY convenient , not to mention
that I have virtually no open floor space, so couldn't try your system --
even if I slept night hours rather than day hours, and didn't have an inch
of dust bunnies all over the floor.

If you've got all that floor space, you probably could rig up a "drying
room" somewhere, and then, I promise, will wonder how you lived without
it.

PS. If you put the shelves at a slant, that is not perfectly horizontal,
puddles will tend to stream off at the lower end, eliminating the "sticky
spots," or at least putting them out of the image area.

Judy