Re: Selenium Intensifier

From: William Marsh (redcloud54@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/31/02-11:45:46 PM Z

I also have used AA's method to intensify negs. After some testing,
plotted curves revealed that it is not necessary to use as strong a
solution as Ansel recommends. In fact, it is possible to obtain
equivalent intensification using a solution as dilute as 1:10
(selenium/hypo clear). The same boost in contrast (one grade,
basically) was achieved, with greater economy. More dilution than this
tended to lessen the effect.

FWIW,

Bill