Re: Gelatin Dry Plates

From: martinm (martinm@SoftHome.net)
Date: 06/06/02-12:41:23 AM Z

Philippe, being equally active in the coating of holographic (red
sensitized) silver halide plates, I made some research about Lippmann
photography. It appears there are basically two main approaches:
one is coating plates/films with a liquid gelatin/silver halide solution in
the traditional way;
the second one involves bathing a gelatin (or casein, gum, PVA etc.) coated
plate in a silver nitrate solution. Subsequent to drying, the plate is
inserted into a halide/dye bath. The final step requires washing and drying.

I would like to learn more about panchromatic sensitization. I gathered the
choice of dyes is crucial and extremely subtle (particularly in regards to
compatibility and supersensitization).

Martin