lith film

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 06/08/02-08:34:39 PM Z

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Kerik Kouklis wrote:

> Speaking of film, Judy mentioned the other day that she heard a rumor
> that APHS is no longer available from Freestyle. This has been
> confirmed. Freestyle doesn't even have a graphic arts department any
> more so all the lith type films are out of their catalog.

I decided I'd better follow my own advice and TEST this theory (like I
always say about gum printing :). I called Freestyle, which confirmed that
it has discontinued its graphic arts catalog, but still sells lith film.
That they will have it forever is NOT guaranteed, needless to say, but at
this point they have stock in the popular sizes and salesman said they
sell a lot, so presumably will have it for at least a while.

I believe that film is or is much like film used in imagesetters, so it
ought to be around somewhere somehow anyway, no?

Judy