Experiment gone awry

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 06/15/02-09:01:16 AM Z

To all you gumaholics:

I recently tried to size some gumover platinum prints after the platinum
print stage and before the gum stage with liquitex matte medium sizing
diluted 1:1 with distilled water, in response to problems I've been having
with glyoxal yellowing with gelatin sizing.

Synopsis: Disaster.

The gum layer just slide right off into the the water when I developed it.
The matte medium behaved like teflon when it came to gum. I guess the bright
side is that there was certainly no staining - of anything!

 Now, the question is: Is there any good way to get rid of the medium matte
sizing and re-size with gelatin? Or am I stuck with some straight platinum
prints?

Thanks,

Clay