Re: coating glass for large negs?

From: Chuck D (fardog@mindspring.com)
Date: 06/25/02-06:16:47 PM Z

snipped....
Is there any particular reason you've ruled out other enlarged neg
methods (digital comes to mind for some reason) in favor of glass plates?
Seems that issues like evenness of coating, processing headaches,
handling hassles, storage nightmares etc. would suggest alternatives to
the glass plate for such large pt/pd prints.

Dan
I have thought about the dig negs but have had better results in silver so
far. { might just have to find a new imagesetter - :o) } The other reason
was size related. I have some huge glass sheets available and have not
found anything larger than 44 inches in the dig field. I'm certainly open
to anything that would work easier than dragging a homemade 72 inch printing
frame in and out of the house and into the sunlight for printing more than I
have to!! :o)
    You have to admit though... that a two meter + sized PT/PL print might
be just the thing to look at on those dark winter evenings.......

Chuck