Re: Pyro-cat HD

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 03/04/02-06:38:11 AM Z

Don:

FWIW, I use about 220-250 ml of working solution per 8x10 sheet and about
400 per 7x17. The staining is NOT as vividly yellow-green as the PMK and
Rollo stain, but Sandy is absolutely correct in its actinic filtering
effect. I get about .35-.45 additional effective printing density in
highlights that have B&W densitometer densities of 1.7-1.8. For whatever
reasons(water supply?), I am able to get much more consistent staining with
this developer that with Rollo.

BTW, if you are rotary processing big film in a Jobo, be sure and follow the
recommendations on the unblinkingeye.com site for agitation procedures. I
have found that they are absolutely essential to prevent bromide drag.

Clay