Re: Pictorico (& Epson & Mac)

From: Gregory W. Blank (gblank@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 03/07/02-10:24:03 PM Z

I believe I can, Sabattier effect is akin to the Mackie Line effect(edge
effect) where as there is a sharp cut off between smooth transitions of
tonality. Noticeable where dark and light areas meet. That is you have
smooth change of tone on both sides of dark vs light up until the dark and
lighter areas abruptly meet.

I had a teacher who stated that it is much harder to produce the reversal of
tonality with papers that have a less abrupt toe to shoulder transition
(less contrast) Fewer papers are available that are a true grade 5 which he
believed was important to get the Sabbattier effect.