Re: Inkjet transparencies for Pt/Pd and Cyanotype

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 03/08/02-03:23:26 AM Z

Tom Ferguson wrote:

> I suspect a lot of people's "success" with this has to do with the person's
> ability to tweak the curves. If you aren't familar/comfortable with
> PhotoShop curves you will be unhappy with the method.

I agree and disagree. If someone isn't familiar with curves, certainly
they won't be able to competently custom-fit a negative to their
process and printing style. But curves can only get you so far when
working against the incapacity of a printer to print well on the
transparency material. In my opinion, all things equal (persons
competent at photoshop and at printing in their process) the printer can
still constitute a major limiting factor in the creation of fine
negatives. Any printer will make a rough negative, but I'm talking about
a much finer process.
kt