OT questions about dags and geneology software

bi3@georgetown.edu
Date: 03/12/02-08:06:05 AM Z

My cousin and I have been going through old family pictures dating back
to the 1880's. I've been copying these onto 35mm film with my Nikon
55mm micro lens. The results have been good with albumen, gelatine, and
even tintypes. The few dags had some glare although I didn't think to
use a polarizing filter which I will do next time. Are there any other
suggestions for copying dags?

With all the pictures of old relatives, I have gotten caught up in
trying to sort out their relationship to eachother.
So, an even more OT request is for recommendations for geneology
software (for a PC). Family Tree Maker was once recommended to me.
When I went to Staples, I found both it and another one which had
either Family or Tree in the name. Any advice?

Thanks, Suzanne Izzo (bi3@georgetown.edu)