Re: measuring chemicals; masking tape alternatives

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 03/18/02-09:54:06 PM Z

shannon stoney wrote:
> ... what is your favorite way to
> measure out chemicals? I tried a piece of paper ...

I like to measure directly into the bottle with caution not to add too
much. With metal solutions, do the metal salt first, then the salt. If
too much metal salt is added, some can be removed. A little extra salt
will not have much effect (if any), whereas too little salt can cause
problems.

NOTE: The palladium salts tend to cling very well to almost any
surface, especially paper, and can be wasted easily with too much
handling or transport from surface to surface. And for those who might
think it is only a little that is wasted, figure the cost.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/