Re: No. 2 Mixture for Pt/PD

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 03/19/02-10:18:15 AM Z

William, If you are after a print with a flat look a lower dr of 1.4 is
fine, but as Carl responded it is best to make a full range negative if that
will be the way you want it to look.

As for #2, #7.... These are guide numbers set up in specific printing
methods. You can increase contrast in a print without increasing the grain.
I would stay away from Pot Chlorate as a contrast agent. It will give you a
grainer print with nearly any amount and much more so on some papers.

EJ Neilsen