Re: Sodium acetate

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 03/25/02-10:03:32 PM Z

Hi

A good Canadian supplier of photo chemicals is

JOHNNY DEIURE
5835 CHAMBLY RD
ST HUBERT, QUEBEC J3Y 3R4

Check his web site:
http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm

Gord

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Kris Erickson wrote:

> Hello all,
> Does someone know where I can get sodium acetate? I've heard it's a food (meat) preservative as well as a runway de-icer (yum!). I also know it can be synthesized from white vinegar & baking soda (though I'd rather not go that route--HEAVY carbon dioxide output). I'm thinking Home Depot, Walmart, or a food prep. retailer, etc. (By the way, I'm in Toronto, Canada, if that helps.)
>
> Any and all ideas welcome,
> Thanks in advance,
> Kris Erickson

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2