Sodium acetate

From: Kris Erickson (kerickso@acs.ryerson.ca)
Date: 03/25/02-06:03:41 PM Z

Hello all,
Does someone know where I can get sodium acetate? I've heard it's a food (meat) preservative as well as a runway de-icer (yum!). I also know it can be synthesized from white vinegar & baking soda (though I'd rather not go that route--HEAVY carbon dioxide output). I'm thinking Home Depot, Walmart, or a food prep. retailer, etc. (By the way, I'm in Toronto, Canada, if that helps.)

Any and all ideas welcome,
Thanks in advance,
Kris Erickson