Re: humidifer recommendations?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/29/02-08:41:28 AM Z

The cheapest and possibly best unit can be found at medical supply stores.
It consists of more or less a bucket, a fan, and a large wick that soaks up
water and makes it accessible to the moving air from the fan. Maybe
twenty-five bucks. You can spend a lot more for things that don't work any
better. In the Southwest, you might want several. And don't forget the old
reliable trick of running a couple inches of 100 degree water into the
darkroom sink. Humidity in the room will skyrocket. Don't rely on a
humidifier to maintain any consistent levels...get a humidity meter and turn
the units on and off to reach the level you want.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/