RE: humidifier recommendations?

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@attbi.com)
Date: 03/29/02-08:51:03 AM Z

Matthew,

I've got the same problem here in Colorado. I've recently started having
more pleasing results with my gum 'attempts' by leaving an ultrasonic
misting humidifier on nearby so the mist keeps the top surface of the print
from drying too fast while the underside in contact with the paper gets a
grip (that's my theory anyway), after 5 minutes or so I turn it off. Anyway,
I have three of them that I got off of ebay pretty cheap and will add some
plastic sheeting to close off an open end of the darkroom this weekend and
see if I can maintain higher humidity in the room overall which will be a
lot more consistent than what I'm doing now. If I run them now it takes
forever to get from 19% to about 45% in the 12x12' room, doesn't get much
higher than that. Hopefully closing off the open end will direct the airflow
into the exhaust fan in a more controlled manner as well, not good for the
humidity but necessary. The fan run humidifiers are way too noisy for me.

Please let me know if you learn any new tricks.

Larry