Re: beginner seeks help---long pt/pd exposure times

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/31/02-02:45:49 PM Z

Clyde,

Is your ferric oxalate standard or the "number two" containing contrasting
agent? Using that could result in long exposure times. I keep hearing bad
reports about "platinotype white" (presumably Cranes Cover Flourescent
white)--the only time I tried it the results were inconsistent, sometimes
giving slow, high-contrast, gritty prints. The old developer could be a
problem, and I find potassium oxalate generally much better than ammonium
citrate anyway. With a standard FL-tube lightsource, I get three or four
steps of max black from a Stauffer strip in ten minutes or less. Maybe
someone else will have input on those specific tubes.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/