Re: "The Fresson Secret"

At 08:27 AM 5/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Grafist@aol.com
>Subject: "The Fresson Secret"
>To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
>
>Dick wrote...
>
>"..........and no, I did not get the Fresson secret!"
>
>Hi Dick and All, For the enlightenment of myself and others who have an
>interest in the Fresson process, may I respectfully enquire what you would
>intend doing with the "Fresson secret"

I was not looking for any secrets. What would I do with it if I had it? --
improve it.

Fresson's success is not really do to any "secret" in my mind. It is due to
the diligence of the family to produce nice images at reasonable prices.
They are obviously not getting rich doing what they are doing. They are in
a sense slipping in under the radar and filling a niche.

Very little research has been done into dichromated colloidal processes
using modern materials and techniques.

Let me throw out just one idea:

Make a carbon print on a substrate using a magnetic iron oxide pigment such
is used in audio tape. Then print it using magnetic inks. Lots of
variations possible with the basic idea. Maybe, maybe not, but it's just to
illustrate some of the may play-around ideas that could be exploited for
art purposes.

--Dick