"The Fresson Secret"

Dick wrote...

"..........and no, I did not get the Fresson secret!"

Hi Dick and All, For the enlightenment of myself and others who have an
interest in the Fresson process, may I respectfully enquire what you would
intend doing with the "Fresson secret" if you managed to acquire it?  Would
you post up the formula on this list and make it available to the whole
world?  Only the  very naive would believe this ! !  The Fresson family have
kept this secret for  well over one hundred years. What is this information
worth in financial terms? How much are you, or anyone else, willing to pay
for such a sought after system which can produce such desireable results?
My advice to anyone, for what its worth, is forget  the name "Fresson" and
what their methods may or may not be, and concentrate on developing  the
details which adhere to what is already known, and there was quite a lot
published especially by Luis Nadeau and Jose Ortiz Echague, but always
leaving out that very important formula for making and applying the surface
pigment coating. The whole area of research into this system is strewn with
"red herrings"  and an expense of time and money...... but words come cheap.I
 have spent much time and effort since 1990 investigating side tracks and
eventually came up with an answer, so simple and unbelievable, I was amazed
when an image appeared which  satisfied the parameters. I have sent several
samples of my results to people on this list (no names mentioned) a few
acknowledgements only..........I cannot  really think why I did this except
to booste my own ego, at the time. You do not need a coating machine unless
you are thinking of turning your interests into a commercial financial
enterprise.(What other reasons are there, already? ? <JOKE>) I have used
brushes and rollers with very good results. If you want Fresson then send to
Fresson including payment (see webb site). In the long run its much cheaper
than trying to get their "secrets", for whatever reason you might want them.
Now, I am using Kentmere Document  Art (silver  gel ) paper to achieve the
pictorial results that I, personally,  desire. I feel honoured  with my
research,  into Direct Carbon, which is now finalized and completed,  to join
 the Fressons who have their system  filed under "Secret".  Long may things
remain that way.
                  Wishing you many wet hands sessions in the work room.
                    John Grocott. Photographist. London. England