Re: Question about 12X20 Banquet Camera

>Thanks to all who responded with information to my query about the
>Kodak 12X20 banquet camera. Based on the on and off-list responses
>it appears that quite a number of F&S cameras were made while that
>company was a division of Eastman Kodak. I am still interested in
>knowing more about the history of manufacture of this camera and
>wonder if it might not be possible to date it based on the name
>plate?
>
>Sandy King

Somewhere in a big pile of papers I have a list of serial #'s of F&S
cameras and the dates of manufacture. Some of the division's of Kodak
made beautiful cameras, F&S in particular. One shouldn't assume
"kodak" meant sloppy bottom line construction, especially at this
time. The Cirkut camera is a great example.The Century camera
division of Kodak, later taken over by F&S made some incredible
mahogany cameras covered with black leather and red leather bellows.
There was a lot of hand work in all of these cameras that required
highly skilled craftsman to do.  Jamie Young in Madison, WI