Re: refinishing a printing frame: what to use?

Phillip,

May I recommend Tung oil...  (make sure you get the non-polymerised... that
is, the type you can get for using on wood bowls that you might use for
food)

I have just re-finished my B&J 8x10 woodie using it.

Ken

>I've got an old & very dirty printing frame that I've
>been cleaning up & sanding the dirt/stains off of.  It
>appears to have been unfinished wood originally.  I'm
>wondering if I should leave it raw, or if I should
>varnish or otherwise treat it to protect it against
>possible chemical drips/spills.  It's a toss up:
>unfinished, it may soak up something and contaminate
>future prints, but wood finishes might also
>contaminate some processes.  Suggestions, anyone?
>
>-- Philip
>-- pwillarney@yahoo.com

>LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
>http://launch.yahoo.com

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@telusplanet.net