Re: dissolving D-76

At 01:03 PM 05/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I use D-76 as a film developer and have been doing so for several years, but
>recently I have had trouble getting it to dissolve.  It seems like they
>changed the directions on the envelope. Now, to make a gallon, they tell you
>to dissolve it in 800 mls of hot water.  But this doesn't work even if you
>heat the water to the right temperature.  It never dissolves!  It seems like
>they used to say use more hot water. I always end up having to use a lot
>more hot water than 800 mls.  Has anybody else noticed this, or am I doing
>something wrong?
>
>--shannon

   Thom Bell, of Kodak's customer service department, confirmed this
morning that some one-gallon size packages were printed with the graphics
for the one-liter size.
   The graphics have been corrected for current packages but many
mis-printed packages are still on store shelves.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com