Re: Ziatype

On that note, would it be possible to take a "normal" silver gelatin neg,
and, during the negative enlarging process, improve it for printing, say,
Ziatype?  Or is it a case of you can't make sumthin' outta nuthin'?

Curious,
Christine

"Jeffrey D. Mathias" wrote:

> Monnoyer Philippe wrote:
> > I need to know if it is possible to print a "normal" negative (processed
> > for silver gelatin) in ziatype without dichromate. In other words, what
> > is the contrast given by a mix of lithium chloropalladate and AFO ?
>
> Also there are other contrast agents such as hydrogen peroxide and
> potassium chlorate.
>
> A "normal" negative can only be made for certain conditions of a given
> process and materials.  Certain things can be done to force an outcome,
> and this is OK if these are the results one is after, but I have found
> the best quality to come from a negative properly made for whatever
> specific printing is to be done.
>
> --
> Jeffrey D. Mathias
> http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this
emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and
stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein