Re: Ziatype

Monnoyer Philippe wrote:
> I need to know if it is possible to print a "normal" negative (processed
> for silver gelatin) in ziatype without dichromate. In other words, what
> is the contrast given by a mix of lithium chloropalladate and AFO ?

Also there are other contrast agents such as hydrogen peroxide and
potassium chlorate.

A "normal" negative can only be made for certain conditions of a given
process and materials.  Certain things can be done to force an outcome,
and this is OK if these are the results one is after, but I have found
the best quality to come from a negative properly made for whatever
specific printing is to be done.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/