Re: Trip to England

>>> I know this is off topic but I am going to England next week and I will be
>>> taking my Canon D30. I have two batteries and I was planning to take the
>>> battery charger so I could recharge them. I realize the voltage is
different
>>> over there. I bought two plugs that are supposed to work in England but
>>> probably will need a converter too. Will these things be sufficient so I
can
>>> plug in my battery charger? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi Catherine,
I don't know what batteries does your Canon D30 take, but when I tried
using converter from RadioShack with my Olympus charger it damaged the
charger. (It could be a coincidence and the charger could have a factory
defect - but it had hapenned. My camera takes four AA size batteries. On
my next trip I bought a multi-voltage Olympus charger in England. I am
really disappointed that camera manufacturers made marketing decision to
sell only localized 110V chargers in North America. Charger was much more
expensive over there, but since I can use it here as well, it was worth
it.
Ben