Re: Autochrome info request

on 29.05.02 23:37, Margery Franklin at margeryfranklin@att.net wrote:

> John Wood's "The Art of the Autochrome' (Univ of Iowa Press) includes some
> paragraphs on the process as well as many beautiful plates. Wood's book
> contains
> a long bibliography on works (articles, books) about the autocrhome and is
> probably the best source.

Yes, my friend ordered that book, the pictures are beautifull, but the
technical part quite small. She is looking for the complete "do it yourself
explanation" / technical knowledge down to the last silverhalide, But of
course I will remind her of the obvious : look in the bibliography :-)

> I believe that a small volume of the Pantheon Photo Library (published by
> Pantheon in English, and in French) also does. This is called 'Early Color
> Photography' but is entirely about autochromes.

will pass the information on, thanks.

Halvor