RE: Autochrome info request

Hi

> Yes, my friend ordered that book, the pictures are beautifull, but the
> technical part quite small. She is looking for the complete "do
> it yourself
> explanation" / technical knowledge down to the last silverhalide, But of
> course I will remind her of the obvious : look in the bibliography :-)

Is Jean-Paul Gandolfo still on this list??  He's in Paris teaching at The
Ecole Nationale de al Photographie and is one of the very few people I'm
aware of attempting the process.  I have his email if need be.

There is also a man in Mexico City making autochromes using rice starch
(rather than potato) for his pinhole work.  Pinhole Journal did a piece on
it.  I have it someplace....

I have numerous autochromes in my "collection" (if you can call it that)-
including some full plates and some stereoviews. It's a beautiful, but
extremely difficult process! (Pressing starch onto glass plates with
hundreds of pounds per square inch pressure....)

Good luck -

Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine