RE: Where eagles fly, and some alt photographers go!

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 11/05/02-07:29:53 PM Z

Liam wrote:

>Sandy,
>
>Couldn't a non-photographer have found that sight just as
>enjoyable/profound? But your experience was incomplete because you didn't
>have a suitable camera...
>

>Liam

Yes, of course, a non-photographer would have found the sight just as
profound. But *I* would not have been there except for the fact that
I was on a trip to make photographs. And that was my point, the fact
that the activity of making photographs has often put me in places
where one sees truly extraordinary sights.

And I guess the experience was incomplete, at least as photography
was involved. But it would have been virtually impossible for me to
capture with any camera the experience of seeing eagles flying below
you, with the bottom of the gorge several hundred feet below.
Personally I don't feel that I missed out on anything in not making
photographs of this event.

Sandy