Re[2]: exhibition in London---Alt's technique: "résino-pigmentype"

From: Alan Mynett (a.mynett@ntlworld.com)
Date: 11/08/02-03:44:00 PM Z

Hello David,

> In searching Alt's name on Google I found reference to his technique as "
> résino-pigmentype" but only a couple of pages of description written by Alt
> in May 2000.

> Does anyone know of information sources? Is there another name for the
> process or is it a variant of a more widely know process?

It's a version of a dusting-on process using a dichromated gelatin
base - James gives a good description of these processes in his book.
Talking to the gallery owner, Alt seems to be somewhat secretive about
the fine details of his process (eg the exact composition of the
gelatin layers) which he calls the Altotype!

Alan