Re: exhibition in London---Alt's technique: "résino-pigmentype"

From: David Jackson (lagniap@tulane.edu)
Date: 11/08/02-01:19:41 PM Z

Hello, Everyone.

In searching Alt's name on Google I found reference to his technique as "
résino-pigmentype" but only a couple of pages of description written by Alt
in May 2000.

Does anyone know of information sources? Is there another name for the
process or is it a variant of a more widely know process?

Many Thanks in advance,

David

At 06:47 PM 11/8/02 +0000, you wrote:
>For those interested in alt. photo in Great Britain who live in London
>or who can easily get there, there is a superb exhibition of work by
>Alfons Alt (what an appropriate name!) at
>FIVE Gallery, 5 Princelet Street, Spitalfields (just off
>Brick Lane). It's on until Dec 15 and opening hours are 1.30pm - 6pm,
>Wed - Fri and 2pm-6pm Sunday.
>
>There are 33 'portraits' of animals printed using a pigment dusting-on
>process - many of which are in his book 'The nature of the beast' -
>published by Dewi Lewis.
>
>I saw the show today and I highly recommend it. Well worth a trip.
>
>Alan Mynett
>
>http://:www.mynett.org.uk

David Jackson
First Year Experience Program