RE: Consistency Is No Hobgoblin

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 11/13/02-06:39:11 PM Z

Jeff, Shaking is a no, at least I don't recommend it; with a
possibility of loose caps and all. Stirring or swirling is ok. This
however assumes that you have clean solutions. Occasionally filtering
your platinum salt is OK. Heating of your platinum is good, as long as
it is not to hot. It is also ok for palladium but not required/needed
for it to stay in solution unlike the platinum.

I keep a 2 1/12 gallon room humidifier that works with a wick and fan to
adjust the humidity in a small box that is approx. 3'x3'x2.5' built into
one of my work tables. It has a small 2 1/2" coaxial fan to circulate
the air. It works fine. My paper is dried in a similar box but with a
heater in it with the rheostat move from within the unit to hanging in
the box away from the heater to keep the heat from the metal from
influencing the temp reading. It is under my coating area so it stays
warm, and that really helped in Taos where the room would be cool to
cold but my coating area was warm.

Do what ever you do the same every time and that should help.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226