Re: GUM - STARCH - ?????

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 11/14/02-08:11:24 AM Z

Temi:

I'm a relative newbie to gum, but after a year of lurking on the list
and doing some gums and gumovers, my sense is that most people on the
list are probably using gelatin to size their prints. I too was looking
for something 'easier' than gelatin, and tried PVA, acrylic and some
other 'packaged' solutions. None worked as well as gelatin, and I have
found that real gelatin is just not that hard to manage, once you do it
a few times. I mix up quantities as small as 125ml, coat a few sheets
and then toss it. I use the 'Livick' one step sizing formula with
glyoxal and it seems to work just fine. I'm not trying to convince you
one way or the other, but just propose a possible reason for the lack
of responses.

Clay