Re: GUM - STARCH - ?????

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 11/15/02-10:50:59 AM Z

> But I'm confused;
> my recollection is that you used acrylic medium, not PVA. Am I
> remembering incorrectly?

Hi Katherine:

No, your memory is better than mine. It actually was acrylic(Liquitex matte
medium). I just started using old-fashioned gelatin at that point and
haven't looked back. But speaking of PVA, I was looking through the Randall
and Webb book and they had a section about using PVA/Elmers glue instead of
gum arabic. Sounds pretty messy to me.

Any studies about exposure to gum printing causing memory loss? I'm still
betting that long term exposure to your own teenage kids is a more
significant factor.

Clay