Re: Gum Dichromate - Two Questions

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 11/18/02-08:51:19 PM Z

I use both ammonium dichromate and potassium dichromate as saturated
solutions. AD is definitely faster and yields lower contrast than PD. In
producing multiple-layer gum prints, I've often used both sensitizers,
typically using AD (with minimal pigment) for delicate highlight tones and
PD to add strength in shadows and to provide good overall contrast.

Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming

(snip)