RE: Ivorytype

From: Denny (compprof@pacbell.net)
Date: 11/18/02-11:00:07 PM Z

see http://albumen.stanford.edu/library/c19/ivoryt.html for details

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cremati [mailto:johnjohnc@core.com]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 8:46 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Ivorytype

   Hi,
     I was watching Antiques Road Show and they had a photograph on
there that was called a "Ivorytype" They claimed that there were only a
few of them known to be in existence from the 1850's .. It was hard for
me to get a close look as I live right next to downtown Cleveland ,
Ohio, so the reception is awful... but it looked very much like a oil
painting ..... Does anyone know of this process?
    The photo was a portrait of a well known historical person who
invented the submarine , and I think they valued it at $4000 to $6000..
John Cremati