Re: Protective coating on alternative prints?

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 11/22/02-09:24:21 PM Z

Sandy King wrote:
> Have you ever sprayed the Kryon Crystal Clear acrylic on a print like
> a vandyke, platinum or kallitype? If so, did it enhance the shadow
> values?

I have used the Grumbacher (sic) acrylic spray on Pt/Pd prints that are
panels in folding screens and cannot have any other cover protection.
The shadow values may be enhanced. More so when a glossy finish is
used. However, to get a glossy finish several coats must be applyed
using the gloss finish. I usually use the matt finish, but some
enhancement of the shadows is still gained. The nice part is that it is
much harder to scratch an acrylic coated print and the print also repels
moisture.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/