Re: Protective coating on alternative prints?

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 11/22/02-09:22:12 PM Z

Here's a link to Livick's comments on jet print protective coatings (note
the operative "protective" as-op "enhansive"):
http://www.livick.com/method/inkjet/pg2f.htm

FWIW, I have a set of PizeographyB/W prints on Fabriano Uno stock (i.e.,
Cone Editions PizeographyB/W carbon inks printed as Quadtone out of
Photoshop, rather than through the Pizeography driver). I made these prints
as proofs for upcoming Pt/pd prints. These "proofs" look pretty darned good
in their own right. Early in the coming week I'm going to hit them with
Krylon glossy and see what happens. My only previous experiences with
Krylon were mixed attempts at holding pigments to OHP transperancy stock.
The results were far less than I had hoped.

We'll see. . .

Here's to the conversation!

--John

www.photogecko.com