Re: Plastic spring clamps

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 11/28/02-11:20:04 AM Z

> After the experience of two evening ago tying to hang up large sheets
> of sized paper and seeing some of them fall and tear due to lousy
> wooden cloths pins I determined to find something better.
>
> Buy yourself some multi-purpose plastic spring clamps from your local
> Harbor Freight tool store. This is their Item # 43971 and you get 50
> of these little dudes for about $5.00. Vastly superior to wooden
> clothes pins and will neither rust nor absorb chemicals.
>
> If you don't have a local store go to www.harborfreight.com and order
> a pack of the little fellows. You will thank me every time you hang
> up a big sheet of sized paper to dry and it does not fall.
>
> Sandy King

You may also find 'clothes pins' made from plastic these days, as most
clothes pegs certainly are here, and they are pretty cheap. We've been
using these to hang films and prints for many years without problems,
though I bought myself a supply of stainless steel spring clips for film
perhaps 20 years ago - I no longer remember where from.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
My London Diary http://buildingsoflondon.co.uk/diary/