Re: Homemade UV Unit

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 11/29/02-11:17:59 AM Z

Mateo,

The only thing is please take out a tube and read the label on the tube. I
found that most of the time the "BL" tubes sold in these stores (and the
packaging usually says Black Light tubes for parties, discos, etc.) are
actually BLB (Blacklight Blue) tubes. The actual printing on the tubes will
tell.

BLB tubes are usable for alternative processes but are less effective (that
is, same wattage but less UV radiation in the range that we need) according
to experienced users on the list.

Dave S