RE: Plastic spring clamps

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 11/30/02-10:36:11 AM Z

It may just be that some things just aren't the same. The plastic
cloths pins that I bought at Wal-Mart work great. They have a set of
ridges on the tip that grab wonderfully and hold only a small area.
Having used these with great success for many years with film from 4x5
to 20x24, I told someone that was setting up a workshop to make sure
that she bought the plastic cloths pins not the wooden as they stick to
film, soak up chemicals, and ... Well she came back with the curved
variety which did not work well at all.

So just as all wooden handled brushes are not the same, all plastic
cloths pins fail to meet the test of a good clip. As for leaving a dent
in the paper? I just use slightly bigger paper if the three tiny ridges
some how are objectionable within the end product.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226